Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Children's Museum

So these pictures aren't going to be in order, which is a little aggravating to my personality but I'm going to call out to my inner Kapha for some peace about it. That said, Megan and I went to the Children's Museum today for some play time. I'm really trying to do new things with her so that she isn't so bored a.k.a. yelling at me all of the time. We've gone to the Play Boutique, park (not so new), the museum and we're meeting one of her little friends and my big friend at a play place on Friday. Busy week but I think that's what she needs. The minute I can get her into Taekwondo, she will be working out some pent up aggression. Megan had a great time. I let her lead the way and do whatever she wanted to do on her own little 2 year old schedule. When I saw the Waterworks exhibit my immediate thought was, she's going to get drenched and I have no clothes to change her into. I just let it go. She ended up not getting all that wet and she absolutely loved it. She surprised me and didn't absolutely love things that I thought she would but it was her day and she was making the decisions. I can definitely see buying an annual family pass for this place...and the zoo.....and OMSI. Oh geez.

Notice what's in her cart; bread, pizza and ice cream.
Being the check out lady

Bob the Builder Exhibit
The talking tractors freaked her out at first but I finally got her to get in one and smile. She then said, "All done."
Brushing alligator's teeth. She's a big fan of preventative dental health.

The little construction area that I thought she would want to play in for hours but did about 2 digs and said, "All done."

Driving the bus, "Round and round!"
The clay studio
Face painting
Water Works!



Playing on the computer in the doctor's office. She still didn't want the play stethescope anywhere near her. But liked playing receptionist. What is funny is her reaction to the "look" of the phone. It's not a cell phone and it's not a little cordless phone. She did the same thing with the play pay phone in the grocery store. She knew it was a phone but also knew it was different.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Cute pictures! That looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun was had by one and all!!!!!!!!!!

Doty Family said...

We love this place too. If you ever want to go let me know, we have a pass . . . . I can take a guest! Or the Zoo. we love that too.