Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our Family Dentist Appointment

After about 6 years, I have finally gone back to the dentist.  That's basically the last time I had insurance.  We finally got ours set up through Josh and all went in for a cleaning.  Josh was first and Megan got to watch him a little bit, then me and while I was getting done, Megan was in another room having hers done.  That was hard for me!  I wanted to be able to see and watch but Daddy took pictures so it's okay.  I'm not a big fan of going to the dentist and I think the baby knew that.  He was doing flips in my stomach to the point where I was getting a little sick to my stomach!  We all did well though.....however Josh and I will be returning a few times.  Ugh.

Megan did pretty well though.  I wasn't sure if she would go through with it.  She went back and forth on it.  It was probably good I wasn't there, I think she's a little tougher when dad is around.
She let her clean her bottom teeth but as soon as the 'sucker' came out she was done.  She did let her use it once and we got a cute little face from that!

She didn't want the dentist to actually look at her teeth but at least she got to meet him and be ready for next time.  She got a no cavities certificate for a free pizza so we went to lunch afterwards too!

2 comments:

Miss Whats-her-name said...

Another benefit to having kids! Free pizza. They clean and run errands for you too. I should start procreating. ;)

Danielle said...

Uh oh...sounds like mom and dad didn't get certificates for pizza this visit! Way to go, Megan!