Sunday, March 09, 2008

Anti Comcast

I've been having trouble sending and receiving emails. This is the 3rd conversation I've had with a Comcast Customer "Service" rep. Below is only a glimpse into the best part of the conversation.

Dan>Hi Kristie! Please bear with me and I will be happy to assist with resolving this issue after accessing your account and reviewing the current chat session.
Dan>Kristie, thanks for waiting! May I have the pin you should have received via mail from Comcast so I can verify account ownership?
Kristie>I have no idea where that would be we got this service 1 1/2 years ago
Dan>ufortunately I am very limited as to what I can assist you without that.
Dan>I have requested that the pin be mailed to you and it should be received with 3 to 5 business days.
Dan>I will also send a test email to your account now. Which username are you having trouble with please?
Kristie_>vandarling
Kristie_>i need this fixed, i can't wait for a pin
Kristie_>I can give you anything else and with all of the problems i've had, no one has asked for a pin in order to help me
Dan>Please wait.
Dan>The Federal Communications Commission has mandated that Comcast include additional safeguards to your private information. In addition, Comcast wants to ensure that unauthorized users do not gain access to information such as the names and numbers of people with whom you speak to on the telephone. These new safeguards will help ensure that only the account holder will have access to this kind of private information.
Kristie_>great canned response however i need help.
Kristie_>i use this for business!
Kristie_>i don't want to be obnoxious, i'm just needing help
Dan>Are you aware that this service is not intended for business related activity and you do so at your own risk?
Kristie_>oh my
Dan>we have a business services designed for this.
Kristie_>We just signed a 2 year agreement with comcast that I am about to rescind
Kristie_>this started on 2/14, they told me it was resolved, it has not. I am paying for a service that does not work.
Kristie_>regardless of personal or business use, i would still appreciate that my personal emails be sent and received
Dan>Kristie, sorry for the confusion but the email feature of this service is free. you are paying for the connection to the internet.
Dan>Please wait while I work on this now.
Kristie_>yes connection to internet that i can get from another company
Kristie_>do not treat me like i am stupid and condescend me
Kristie_>you know exactly what i mean and if you were in my situation you would want resolution
Dan>And as a account owner I am sertain you would appreciate us doing our job correctly and protecting your account security as required by law.
Kristie_>Certain
Kristie_>I can get obnoxious too
Dan>Kristie, thanks for waiting while I send and received a test email to your account to verify it is working for you.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I hate Comcast. So much that we now have DirecTV instead of cable, and Verizon for our internet.

ComcastCares1 said...

On behalf of Comcast, I sincerely apologize for the experience.

Please be assured that your experience will be shared with my executive contacts so that we could review how we can better assist our customers in the future.

In the meantime, please feel free to send me an email with your contact information if you still needed assistance.

Sincerely,

Mark C.
Comcast Executive Offices
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

waibelfamily said...

haha...is that really a comment left on here from a comcast person who read this blog? ..or someone being funny. Either way, funny.

So does this mean you didnt get my email a little over a week ago, and why I havent gotten a reply from you? ..it was about Billies shower.

We also hate comcast...and now have verizon. :) Its MUCH better.

Miss Whats-her-name said...

Wow, that is pretty funny they search the internet for anti comcast statements. :) Yeah internet!

AMEX used to do the same thing.