Monday, June 16, 2008

Official Father's Day Celebration

We got together tonight for Father's Day at my parent's house. I had to get some pictures of how cute Megan was in the dress that Grandma and Grandpa Darling got her on their honeymoon in Hawaii. She looks like she would fit right in on the beach. And don't miss those pink jelly sandals! After dinner, we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. Megan has a definite sweet tooth - as you can tell from the previous post as well as all of the others I've posted. Megan saw the can of whipped cream and started begging please. You see, her Daddy sometimes will treat himself to a bit of whipped cream on his coffee. At some point, the can somehow got pointed into Megan's mouth and introduced her to the sweet, sweet world of aeresole whipped cream. I'm not sure how long ago that last happened but I'm telling you - this girl has the memory of an elephant. (They have really good memories, right?) Anyway, the minute the can was in sight, she knew it belonged in her mouth. So, mommy gave her a few squirts. I fixed plates for everyone and intended to share our strawberry shortcake with her. SHE WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH STRAWBERRIES OR SHORTCAKE! So, I got the bright idea to make a little bowl of just whipped cream for our sweet baby Megan. She went to town. What a booger. But that didn't keep her from begging off of Kelly 20 minutes later.

Here's Megan laughing at Grandma. She has a good way of getting her to smile at the camera.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love your laugh Megan! She likes my Raggity Ann moves!