Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We're Having a Baby Boy!

We had our ultrasound yesterday and found out that we are having a baby boy!  We are very excited, I think both of us expected a girl and would have been fine with that but now we have one of each and have the perfect little family!  I've already done some shopping - there just happens to be a baby sale at Fred Meyer right now - go figure!  And oh my gosh, all of the baseball stuff I couldn't get for Megan - I CAN or WILL GET!

The start of a brand new wardrobe!
We went to the mall yesterday to get Megan's picture taken with the Easter Bunny (that post later) and got a chance to meet up with Baby Bria (and her mommy and daddy).  It was Megan's first time seeing her and she was so precious with her.  She cradled her in her arms (supported by me of course) and bounced her just like a little mommy.  She gave her kisses - luckily she happens to be healthy at the moment - and rubbed her arms and played with her little tiny fingers.  She is going to be such a good big sister and a very big helper to mommy.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I think the baby becomes more real when I know what the gender is - it gives me something to imagine and plan for.  I know a lot of people say that when you find out early, the surprise is gone.  I don't think so, we were still just as surprised yesterday as we would have been at his birth.  And it didn't mean any less to us.  And of course we still have the surprise of his arrival and when that may happen.  Until then, we are anticipating......

1 comment:

Danielle said...

It was good seeing you guys yesterday - Megan was so cute with Bria! Congratulations again - we are so happy for you guys!