Monday, June 21, 2010

Officially 6 Weeks to Go!

I am officially 34 weeks pregnant, or 8 1/2 months.  When people hear that they say, "Oh any day now!"  How I wish that were true.  I have to explain that a pregnancy is actually 40 weeks or TEN months long.  I am feeling good overall.  This pregnancy has been much different than Megan's.  With Megan I suffered through terrible carpal tunnel syndrome starting very early on which reached the point where I couldn't even dress her myself when she was first born.  Having that issue again was one of my biggest fears with this pregnancy but it has not been a problem.  My hands fall asleep similarly to how they did with Megan but I have no pain or stiffness.  I had sciatica with Megan as I do now but I don't think it is as bad this time around.  This time however, I do have a sharp pain in my right upper abdomen that can't really be explained.  My doctor said something about pressure on my rib cage but I know that's not it because I know what that feels like and it's completely different.  To be blatantly honest it feels like my stomach is going to rip open in that spot and the baby is going to crawl out like some freaky sci-fi movie.  I have my 34 week check up tomorrow with a different doctor (my doc is in Nicaragua surfing!) so I will ask him and see if he has any insight.  Regardless, the only cure will probably be delivering this little guy.  I have also had a lot of contractions that started a few months ago.  I never felt contractions with Megan's pregnancy until I was actually in labor.  They are starting to become more uncomfortable but I wouldn't necessary call them painful.  Both of these things are more of an issue when I'm on my feet a lot, so how convenient....when I'm at work.  I just have to get through it though and tell myself it's not much longer.  I just try to remind myself how lucky I am to have these "issues".  So many women can't get pregnant and would do anything to go through all of the aches and pains that I complain about.

We are getting very excited for the actual birth.  Josh told me the other day that he can't wait because he, "had a blast!" at Megan's birth.  I told him I was glad someone did.  Just kidding.  We can't wait to hold him in our arms and see his little face.  I picture a baby quite similar to Megan.  I was looking at her the other day with her hair in a messy ponytail thinking that that is what her baby brother is going to look like.  We have finally decided on a name as well.  We chose Joshua Stephen after two of my favorit men - his daddy of course and my Uncle Steve.  He is a strong baby that will grow into a strong man just like his namesakes.  We can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I can't wait, either! I'm so happy for you guys!