Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Day at the Beach

On July 5th, Megan, Stacy and I met Danielle and her family in Seaside.  We were still in potty training mode and I didn't know how it would go so I took advice (can't believe I'm admitting it) from Kate Gosselin and made sure to pack up her potty chair with us.  I knew our next challenge would be having her go in a public toilet.  She's always been afraid of them - the noise I think.  I completely expected to have to put the chair on the side of the van for her to go in it.  Anyway, when we met up at Danielle's parents' beach house she had no problem going on the regular toilet with help from Jace's Elmo seat.  Phew!  She had no accidents all day and EVEN went potty at the restaurant when we ate lunch.  I practically cried when she did it.  I just was not up for another fight about it. 

Potty training aside, we had a great day.  The kids got to play in the arcade, Jace was a great date and bought her rides on both the carousel and train.  Such a gentleman.  They both got treats after lunch, Megan had ice cream and Jace had a chocolate covered rice krispy treat.  Someone else I might add had a deep fried twinkie, two chocolate covered twinkies and a strawberry covered twinkie.  Sounds like a pregnant girl?  Nope, not me - Jace's Dad!  We all needed a walk down the promendade after that!

It was finally time for what Megan had been waiting for all day......flying her kite.  We got the kids changed and set up "camp" on the beach.  Megan and Jace loved flying their kites for a total of about 3 minutes and then it was up to us to hold the strings.  They had a great time playing in the sand and luckily Megan had Jace's mom and dad to get down in the sand to play with her.
I couldn't resist taking this picture.  The perils of no diaper!
We had a great time playing all day and can't wait to do it again.  Danielle has given her beach day story on her blog as well that you can click on at the right.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

It was fun! In Justin's defense, two of the chocolate twinkies weren't eaten until later. And I had one of them. :o)