Wednesday, December 08, 2010

State Champions!!

One day when I was 15 years old, I ran into one of my favorite teachers and coaches at Fred Meyer.  He and his wife had recently had a baby and he asked if I would be interested in babysitting for them over the summer.  I said YES!!  So, everyday over the summer, he came to pick me up (and I didn't live all that close to them) and then took me home in the afternoon.  Their little boy Jakob James was my little guy.  I babysat him for years to come along with his little brother who came along a few years later.  Since then I've watched him grow from a distance and now I have a little boy about the age he was when I first began watching him.  Once I was old enough to drive, we took trips to the zoo, McDonalds and other fun places.  I will always remember taking him to the zoo one time and he wanted some kind of toy from a vendor and I told him I was sorry but I didn't have any more money with me.  He quickly pointed to an ATM and said, you can get money there!  If only it was that simple!  What a cutie.

This year he is a senior in high school and they won the 5A Football State Championship on Saturday!  What is even more special is that favorite teacher, is also his coach and they won the Championship together.  Love you Jake and Love you Greg!!

 And here's my little guy all bundled up after the game.  It was 30 degrees with the wind chill!!! But I'm so glad we were able to make it!!

1 comment:

Shar said...

Those special moments and memories will always be cherished! Boy it just goes to show how time just marches on!