Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Megan's 5th Birthday Party - A Tangled Event!

Rather than going on and on about how behind I am on blogging, I will just move on....

We celebrated Megan's 5th birthday in October and it was quite the event!  She was surrounded by lots of friends and family and had a great time.  She spent the night at my sister's house so that I could focus on the party and have it all ready for her when she arrived.  We had Rapunzel's favorite soup, "Hazelnut Soup", jello boats, sandwiches with rustic aritsan breads, lots of apples that Maximus would have loved and a frying pan full of chocolate chip cookies.  I did spend quite some time with the decorations, that I have to admit were ripped off from a blogger that is way more creative than I.  For that, I thank her.  It turned out great though and we all had so much fun.


 Pascal cupcakes: Green = Happy, Red = Mad, Blue = Sad
 Rapunzel arriving to her party and seeing everything and everyone for the first time.

 Our little baby girl growing up.


 Megan (Rapunzel) had quite the little fan base.  She got a bunch of Tangled dolls and accessories and none of them were alike!
 Favorite card of the day, a singing Rapunzel card.
 Thanking her friends with a curtsy.
 I went over and over in my head about whether I'd be that super amazing mom that spent hours on a homemade creative one of a kind Rapunzel tower cake.  Safeway won.

 Mister getting ready for the lantern show.
 Just like they did for Rapunzel we released lanterns for Megan's birthday.  Upon the advice of that amazing blogger mom, I tied strings to the lanterns so that we didn't cause any accidental fires for our neighbors.  It was a great idea because some burst into flames in mid-flight!



Thank you to everyone who came to her party, for all of her great gifts, and most of all for showing her how loved she is!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I guess I didn't realize how big the party was until I saw all those kids surrounding Megan! You did a great job with the theme - I could tell you worked so hard on the big day. And welcome back to blogging!

Aunt Mimi said...

You did such a great job! She is one lucky little Rapunzel! (After she was dressed for the party if we called her Megan, she would correct us and say "My name is Rapunzel!")