Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mom's Group Blind Date

I've decided that if I'm ever going to meet anyone in our neck of the woods, I had to try something new.  I went to Meetup.com and found a local mom's group.  My first meet up was at the beginning of the month and I just went to dinner with 3 of the mom's - no kids.  I felt a little awkward about it, like I was going on a blind date but they were all very nice.  All of them were like me in one way or another and I think we got along pretty well.  I joined them on a playdate to Plumper Pumpkin Patch with Mister after we dropped Sissy off at school.  I felt very guilty not having her with us, like I was cheating on her but it's fun spending one on one time with Joshua.  We had already done our family pumpkin patch visit so it's not like she was really missing out!  We haven't been able to get out with the mom's group since I had my surgery - oh yeah - I had shoulder surgery if you didn't know.  But I'm hoping soon we'll be able to get together with them again.
 



 



No comments: