Sunday, February 24, 2008

It was a "zoo" at the Oregon Zoo

On President's Day we were invited to go to the zoo with Megan's friends Natalie and Jace - and mommy's friends Sheila and Danielle. I knew it was a holiday but I'm not afraid of crowds so I didn't think twice about going until we hit Sylvan off of Hwy 26 and it was bumper to bumper! All going to the zoo. That's okay though, it moved really quickly and it was such a beautiful day, of course everyone wanted to go! Sheila and Natalie arrived when we did so we got started checking things out. Jace and his mom and dad, Danielle and Justin arrived a little later and we stopped for a quick snack and then got going again. Megan really liked the monkeys (primates for all of you specific people) and elephants. You could tell she was having a better time than when I took her the first time. She didn't know what to think of the gigantic sea lion swimming through the water but she loved seeing the sea otter eat his lunch floating around on his back. And she REALLY loved running around on the lawn while her friends were eating their lunches. She of course didn't want to get back into her stroller.


So, I didn't plan very well. I was a little too optimistic about the weather so when it came down to it, I had to take my sweatshirt off and give it to the baby!


Megan running way too fast down the hill and then eventually taking a spill. I thought we'd definitely be going home with some road rash but I managed to keep the falls limited to on the grass.



Megan and Natalie watching the sea lion swim around in front of them.


Megan and Jace


Mommy and Megan on the train.


Megan and Jace trying to kiss on the train.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We had fun, too! Can't wait to see you guys again.