Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lesly

This is our niece Lesly. Most of you probably remember her as our little flower girl in our wedding. And most of you also knew at the time that she was going through some really hard times and battling cancer. She finished all of her treatments in August of 2006 and has been doing fantastic since then. She was able to finally start school and finish kindergarten and go on to 1st grade this year. She has finally been able to be a little girl and do all of the little girl things without much worry like playing with her new puppy, go swimming, start violin lessons and begin to read on her own.


Unfortunately we've recently learned that she could be sick again. A tumor has been found near her spine. She will be going into surgery tomorrow to remove all or as much of it as possible. Hopefully only one surgery will be necessary. She is expected to stay 7-10 days in recovery and from there we are still waiting to see.


Lesly's parents Kathy and Glen have of course been through hell and back. To say that I understand even an ounce of what they are going through would be a blatant lie. It is unfathomable to me and as selfish as it is, I don't even want to try and relate. And to even think about what if it was me, her, us - makes me break down into tears. I can't go there. All I can do is be here as a shoulder, as an ear, as a dog feeder, a mail retriever, whatever they need as small as it may be. I hug and kiss my baby girl even more now (I guess it is possible) and realize how blessed we are, how tiny our largest worries are in the grand scheme of life.


Please keep Lesly and her mom and dad in your thoughts and prayers.



1 comment:

waibelfamily said...

Breaks my heart. :( I myself cant imagine the struggle they are going through as parents either. And that precious little girl. Youre right, its an awful reminder of just how precious life is. Makes me want to squeeze my kids and never let them out of my sight. I will definatley keep your family and that beautiful strong little girl in our prayers. She's pulled through for so many years, I know she can do it again. xoxo