Sunday, October 12, 2008

Funny Megan - Part 2 & 3

Part 2

Back in July I played in a one day work sponsored softball tournament. Rather than buying brand new cleats for one day, I decided to wear my old cleats which pre-pregnancy fit fine. Post-pregnancy, they are probably at least 1 1/2 sizes too small. I thought I would be fine, however by the end of the day my toes, specifically my big toes were so sore that I knew further damage was to come. After my left toe turned completely black and blue and my right turned partially black and blue, I figured I'd lose at least one toenail. Well, it is now October and my left toenail finally began to separate. Now, while you might be getting shivers down your spine - keep in mind an easy/natural separation is much preferred over an explicit yell causing toe stub. Bottom line....I was all for it coming off naturally. Finally with a little coaxing (more shivers), it was off and I was off to other things, forgetting that I left the little thing on the end table. So where's the funny Megan part, you ask? Well, when Megan woke up from her nap she came across a red shiny thing with a cute little flower and sparkle on it that she knew she had seen before. When I came into the room she said, "Mama!" and came running over to me. She gently tried to place the toenail back onto the toe that it came from. Sweet funny Megan.

Part 3

I never really thought about the connotation in my voice that might be a little different or unique than anyone else who talks to Megan. But of course every mom has a special way in which she talks to her little babies. I try not to baby talk to Megan but there are some things that have just evolved into that. When Megan has an owie or she's upset, I always say, "It's alright." But it's more like, "It's alwight." with a little voice change. (gotta be there) Anyway, rather than Megan trying to say it the normal way, she now says it in my way but in her own way if that makes any sense. I started hearing her say it to her babies as if she is trying to comfort them. She will even throw the babies down on the floor just so she can pick them back up and say, "It's alwight!" It makes you realize they listen a lot more than you think!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Yeah, we learned the listening thing tonight when Jace clearly said $#@!. Nice. :o)