Friday, October 17, 2008

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention"...2 Year Old Style

48 cupcakes and about 4 dozen cookies later......
I put all of the treats for Megan's party on the table where I thought she might not see them. I was wrong. She has never tried or thought of (that we know) climbing onto the kitchen table chairs. She asked to get up there and I told her no, knowing what she wanted to do. I turned around for a second and found her sitting on her bottom on the chair saying, "Yeah!" I said, "You need to sit on your bottom." Having said that I thought it would be safe for me to run into the other room. If she sat on her bottom, she couldn't reach the cookies. Before I knew it, Megan found me.....with cookie in hand.
Earlier, when the first batch of cookies came out of the oven, of course she wanted one. I said, "Okay you can have one." She looked at me and said, "Two?" I guess she either is learning how to count or knows how to imitate us threatening her, "One...two.........three - okay time out!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Birthday girl had to test all the yummie treats. Very yummie indeed Kristie. Great Job!