Saturday, January 03, 2009

Crisis Averted

  1. Against my better judgement, I didn't bring the dogs inside on New Year's Eve. When we got home around 1:00a.m. we found Sampson and no Gracie. We called for her, got in the car and didn't find her. I immediately put a Lost Dog ad on Craigslist and waited hopeful that she would scratch at the front door. I slept on the couch (sort of) just so that I would be sure to hear her. She never showed up. I made flyers the next day that I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with and then Josh convinced me to take another drive around the neighborhood. Low and behold......NINE blocks away.....there was Gracie laying in the grass in the pouring down rain next to the railroad tracks. One of my fears what that she would find the railroad tracks and just keep going. I guess she got tired though. We should have known she wouldn't find shelter (which was more of where I was looking, like on porches and such), she will wait in the rain for us to let her into the house rather than stand under the roof. Anyway, we found her, I could not believe that we did. When she got home, she got a much needed bath and a brushing. She is probably wondering what she did to "deserve" those things - not necessarily her favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome home gracie!