Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Three Years and Counting


On January 7, we celebrated our 3rd year of marriage. In that time, we have bought a house, had a baby girl, gone through a job change, me starting school and lots in between. I was looking at my wedding ring the other day and felt so proud. It is the most beautiful ring ever, because it is mine and because it signifies that I belong to Josh. I love seeing his wedding ring on his hand, I like to feel it on his finger, knowing that he will be mine forever. Before we got married, we talked a lot about how we were making a choice to love each other and be together FOREVER. We knew then and we know now with absolute certainty that we will be together for life. Driving in the car the other day, Josh and I held hands as we do quite often. I thought about the fact that Megan was seeing that and Megan SHOULD see that. She should see how much in love her mom and dad are and be witness to the love that we feel for eachother and that which brought her here to us. I also want more than anything for Megan to never settle for anything less than what Josh and I feel for each other. I want her to be strong to say no to boys/men that do not treat her with the utmost respect because she knows that her dad would never treat her or her mom that way. She will know that she will one day find a husband that loves her as much as her dad loves her mom. And she will learn from me how to support, praise and love her husband from the example that I strive to teach her.



I love Josh with everything in me, for everything that he is and everything that he has given me. I will love him forever. I choose to love him forever.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Nicely said - and a good reminder about what marriage is really about!

Happy Anniversary, you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...make me cry! That is so sweet and so true. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I love Josh a lot too, he is the perfect brother for me. :)

Anonymous said...

You sure make a mother proud!!!!
Happy Anniversary!