Monday, September 21, 2009

It's Still a Birthday Today

Today is my Uncle Steve's birthday and not a year passes that I don't remember it. It seems like yesterday and it seems like forever ago that we lost him, all at the same time. I also remember my Aunt Terri on days like this because it has to be extremely hard on her, I don't know how she does it. And of course my cousins.
I'm so sick of cancer. It seems that it has invaded the lives of everyone I know in some form or another. I used to be able to say I didn't know anyone who had suffered from it or been touched by it and now I can't think of one that hasn't. It makes me angry, it makes me sad, it makes me afraid and it makes me feel despair. Most of all it makes me feel out of control and at it's mercy.
Happy Birthday Uncle Steve. I will always miss you and love you and remember all of the time we had with you and never be satisfied that it was enough. And I will always regret that my kids never got a chance to know you.

1 comment:

Shar said...

I think Steve knows exactly who Megan is and I also believe she spent time with him before coming to earth. I also like to think the little red mark on Megans forehead right between her eyes when she was first born was a little
kiss from Uncle Steve saying see you again Megan!!!!