Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Visit With Santa

I was a major procrastinator this year.  The past few years, we've gone early in the season and early in the day to see Santa and benefited from short lines.  Well, not this year.  We didn't go until this Monday and even at noon, the line was about 2 hours long.  Megan did quite a good job of waiting, there were moments I didn't think we were going to make it though.  And after all of that waiting, there was still no guarantee that she would actually sit on his lap.  I let her watch the kids ahead of us go in an effort to warm her up. She was excited saying, "My next!"  Well, when we were told to go forward, she was all about waving to him but as soon as I told her to go sit on his lap she starting backing up saying, "No, no, no, no."  Fortunately that's when the seasoned Santa brought out the candy canes and she let me put her on his lap.  She took a great picture and even told him what she wanted for Christmas - "Toys." ~Duh!

They've had the same Santa at Washington Square since Megan was born and he's by far the most realistic Santa I've ever seen.  He's also really nice and good with Megan.  She will wave at him 45 million times walking by him in the mall and he will always wave and blow kisses back to her.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is a SUPER cute picture! I can't believe how good it turned out after waiting in line!

Miss Whats-her-name said...

Nice job Bacon! You're a rock star!