Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big News!


We've been waiting a long 7 weeks to let the news out!  We are expecting a baby in August!  Today I am 12 weeks along, just another 28 to go!  We're very excited and have been making plans ever since we found out.  There is going to be some major moving around and redecorating but that will be fun.  I wasn't sure how far along I was so the doctor ordered an ultrasound at the beginning of January.  We found I was a week ahead of where they estimated which was good news for me because I have not been feeling well.  I was hoping that my sickness would magically turn off now that I am 12 weeks but it doesn't seem to be the case.  With Megan's pregnancy, I was sick from Week 6 to Week 12 and seemed to turn off like a switch.  I think because I've been looking forward to this day so much, I may have jinxed myself.  Ugh.  It hasn't been as bad as it was with Megan though, just more constant.

We haven't really told Megan yet.  We are speaking in hypotheticals at this point.  We figure it will seem like years to her if we told her now.  She does want to be a big sister though and she will love having a baby around the house.  She always has to touch and talk to all of the babies she sees. This will be a dream come true for her!  Our goal right now is getting big sister out of diapers!  So far, I'm not sure who is winning.  More on that later!

4 comments:

Gama Sweetie said...

It's been hard not to say anything but now the world knows so we can say Hooray out loud!!!!!!!!!!! So CONGRADULATIONS guys. It is so exciting and such a blessing at the same time. ( Oh Boy!)

Danielle said...

I've been having a difficult time holding it in, too! Congratulations - we are so happy for you guys!!!

Danielle said...

It's just me again...stopping by because your post makes me happy! Congratulations again!

Aunt Mimi said...

YAY!!! Aunt Mimi can't wait....you probably should have been speaking hypothetically to me too. :)