Monday, September 17, 2012

Megan's First Day of Kindergarten

Megan started school last Wednesday.  She was nervous and excited all at the same time.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do but had already been given the green light to cry from Megan.  She equates me crying to me being proud of her.  So I guess that works for me!  Her school requires uniforms which I wasn't too sure of at first.  She definitely likes to make her own style but so far this has been good.  She has a section of her closet that she knows she can pick from and she mixes and matches.  She gets to make all of the decisions since everything goes together and I don't have to say no!  Win-Win!  She LOVES that she can wear knee high socks too!  Her selection is pretty small still and we'll have to get her some warmer winter options but it all seems to be going very well so far. Hopefully she doesn't get sick of it.
 Daddy came with us on the first day, he wouldn't have missed it.
 Big girl all ready for school!

 This is Megan's desk with 4 other kids.  She said lots of goodbyes to us that day but didn't cry at all.  I however, lost it in the hall once we left.  She didn't see it though!  Joshua was a little concered with why we were leaving her and kept asking about her throughout the day.  Both of them were thrilled when we picked her up too!  They kissed and hugged eachother like they hadn't seen eachother in years!
She has done well at school, I hear more and more throughout the night of what they did in class.  She really loves that her teacher sings with them and that made me very happy.  The 2nd morning, we had some tears which I expected.  First day excitement was gone, only nervousness was left.  Every morning since has gone fine, lots of hugs and kisses goodbye, lots of reassurance that I would be picking her up at 3:00.  Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see how it's going but I knew this day would come.  She is growing up so fast.  Before I know it she will be going to middle school.  Ouch!


No comments: