Monday, January 21, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Daddy wanted a cake and Megan needed a bath.

So, a couple of days ago, Josh made a random request for a chocolate cake. Of course he did so at a time when normal people don't run out to the store but he knows that just the mentioning of chocolate will drive me out of the house in a heartbeat...usually. I tried to keep my wits about me though so I just laughed him off. I think if I really did run out to the store, he would have let me - but never let me live it down. Believe me, I know, there used to be a Dairy Queen nearby.
Anyway, again last night he cheered, "Kristie is great! Make Josh a chocolate cake!" I still fought the urge!!!

This morning being a holiday, Josh still had to go to work but go in at 11:30 instead of 8:00. It was nice to have him home in the morning. We made breakfast and ate together and then when Megan went down for her morning nap, we did too! It was great! After Josh went to work, I decided I should make him a cake and let Megan help. I'm looking forward to when she's old enough that we can make cookies and stuff together. After her lunch, I stripped her down and sat her on the counter next to the KitchenAid mixer. I knew it was going to be messy!



Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!

Dipped her fingers in the sugar.....first taste!

Now the chocolate!!! Mmmmmmm!





Yes, that is chocolate drool!

Finished Product!

While the cake was in the oven, obviously it was time for a bath. I brought Megan into the shower with me and it's become a ritual that when we're all done washing, I'll pick her up and hold her. She will lay against my chest while the warm water hits her back. She'll lay there and cuddle as long as you'll let her. It's one of my favorite times! When we got wrapped in towels I guess she wasn't done cuddling because she continued to lay against my chest. It was all I could do to get her dressed!

It was a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life doesn't get much better than that Megan! Sounds like a great day.

Danielle said...

Cake AND snuggles? Perfect!

waibelfamily said...

mommyhood..its so wonderful. xoxo