Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Last night we jumped in the car at 9:30 this time to go fishing. We went to the mouth of the Nome again. They are waiting for the silver salmon to come in and keep hearing rumors but we hadn't seen one yet. When we first got there there weren't many people there and then about 15 minutes later it was packed. After about an hour 2 guys caught salmon right after one another. I think it's the first time I've seen them up close. I started to think that maybe I'd like to fish, it would be relaxing. That is IF you didn't have to chase a toddler around and keep from drowning - because I've found that's not real relaxing. When I saw the fish fighting and gasping however, I think I had second thoughts. I've never thought of fishing like I do hunting, where I don't want to see anything die. I know it's necessary and all that stuff, I just don't want to see it. Don't worry, I am aware of my meat eating ways, you don't have to remind me of the irony. Anyway, once it got to the beating the fish over the head, I had to turn away. Even Josh said, "You might not want to watch this."



I love this picture of Megan and Josh. It perfectly shows their love of the outdoors and their love for eachother. Isabeau fishing. She could do it for hours.
I had seen Rylan empty his boot out and then I saw why. He was standing on a sand bar and just kept sinking farther and farther. Instead of moving, he just let his boots fill with water.
One of the many times I had to pull Megan back from going into the water.





Picking rocks.





"Wow!" We decided to quit fighting her and if she got wet, she got wet. Well, she got wet.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! The picture of Josh and Megan almost made me cry, it is so sweet!